For news media outlets:
India is now producing more than a lakh of scientific papers per year, as per the Web of Science. About 20,000 are relevant to the Indian citizens – farmers, doctors, housewives, engineers, decision makers… So much to report!
We have been running Science Last Fortnight, a column to report scientific research in India, in the multidisciplinary journal, Current Science, from March 2016. Currently the column is only four pages adequate to report less than five hundred papers per year.
This website is an attempt to overcome that limitation.
STEAMindiaReports provides news stories related to advances in Science, Technology, Environment, Agriculture, Medicine and other areas relevant to the readers of your news outlet.
- We exclusively report research by scientists in India to balance lack of coverage of important Indian research news by international agencies.
- We only report research published in peer reviewed journals.
- Our reporters are mostly PhDs and some are Masters in various scientific disciplines, trained to write science for non-specialists.
- The reports are sent to the scientists concerned for validation before publication on STEAMindiaReports.
These reports can feed your media channel. You could also use them as tips and cover the story in greater detail.
- If you are using the story as such, please provide a by-line for our reporter and the reference of the journal source.
- If you take the story as cue and send a reporter to cover the story in more detail, please tell us. We would like to know when we are being useful. If you credit SiR for inputs in such cases, we would be delighted.
Contact us at: email@example.com and register for your daily feed of breakthroughs in Indian Science.
If you would like longer stories, or 3 or 4 stories combined for a weekly column, or stories related exclusively to health or agriculture or any other specific area of news coverage, or want stories of scientists in a specific city, please tell us.
For example, we supply research news related to agriculture, fisheries, animal husbandry and forestry, in a column titled Lab to Land, to Kerala Karshakan, an e-journal published in English and a magazine published in Malayalam.
Try us out. No costs to you. Great benefits to your readers.
For Indian scientists
Here is an opportunity to get your work featured in our columns.
Write to us with a copy of your publication as soon as it is accepted in a peer reviewed scientific journal, listed in the Web of Science.
We will write a report and bounce it off on you to validate it before publishing.
We have a system of embargo for publishing our reports. The report on your paper will be made public only after your paper is published.
We offer editing services for your reviews and papers, too. But we prefer to train you to write better papers.
For workshops on Science Writing, visit scienceandmediaworkshops.wordpress.com